Thursday 15 January 2015

ESSAY TOPIC 12 : Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.



In my opinion neighbors have a great importance in people’s lives. They are the people who live next to us and good relationships with neighbors are always necessary. But sometimes it can be impossible, because some neighbors  may not be good for us. There are some qualities that a good neighbor should have.

Firstly and the most importantly, neighbor shouldn’t be loud. Everybody loves quiet neighbors. Especially me, I’ve never had an opportunity to have a quiet neighbor. The boy living at the upper floor of our apartment plays drums. And he plays it all the time. Sometimes it even feels like he plays drum on my head, it’s really annoying. He doesn’t let me concentrate or have a rest. It’s even worse when he stops playing it for a moment, because in my head I still hear the terrible noise of it, it feels like someone is hitting my head with a drum stick. I’m really tired of my neighbor, I tried to ask him to play it not that frequently and he stopped playing it for a while, then started playing it again and again. So  quite neighbor is highly required for me.

Secondly, a good neighbor should be nice and friendly in my opinion. We see our neighbor’s faces all the time and if we don’t smile at them or be nice to them we won’t have a good relationship with them. I, as a neighbor, try to be very friendly to all of my neighbors. Because if you’re being friendly with them, they will be friendly with you as well and you can be a good friends not just neighbors. Me and the girl living the opposite apartment of ours are really good friends. I remember us being stranger s at first when they first moved to the front apartment, then we both tried to be nice and friendly to each other, now we are good friends and help each other when any of us needs.

Then, I think it would be better if one’s neighbor was more astute and clever. It’s better to communicate with a smart person than with someone who is not aware of anything.Maybe someday you may need an old book and you can ask for it from your smart neighbor. You can even ask for some advice about different unknown things for you. My friend told me about her neighbor who is really astute. She told that when she has a question she always asks it to that neighbor, because, as she says, her neighbor knows about literally everything. She even helps her with her lessons when her parents are not home. I think it’s really great to have such an astute neighbor.


To summarize, there are some qualities that a good neighbor should have. Being quite is the most important quality in my opinion, I’ve suffered enough because of my noisy neighbor I think. Then a good neighbor needs to be as nice and friendly as possible, because they live near you and friendly relationships are necessary for people living next to each other. Finally, everybody loves communicating with smart people and having a smart neighbor living just next to you is awesome, I think. 

(written by Mariam Mirzoyan) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here :)