Thursday 15 January 2015

ESSAY TOPIC 10 : When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.



In my opinion the most important road to success is of course hard work. A person who works hard is the person who becomes successful. But for some people there are some other tiny roads that lead towards the success, one of which is luck. Luck also has an impact on people to succeed. But you cannot always depend only on your luck for hundred percent, because sometimes luck can turn to be your worst enemy and lead you not to the success but to the failure. Of course there is always a little chance to success by luck, but that’s not enough. So for me the only way to success is mainly hard work.

First of all, when you work hard you know about your abilities and your levels. You become more confident and sure about yourself. And the road to success becomes a lot easier than by luck. For example, I’m currently working hard for my exams, and I don’t care about luck. And I remember myself for about two months ago, when I was not working hard I was not sure about my abilities and I didn't know how I was going to be successful and pass my exams. But now, as I work hard, by time I become more confident and sure about myself and I wouldn't feel the same if I didn’t work hard and depended only on luck.

Secondly, when you become successful by hardworking you appreciate your success and your current successful position, which you cannot do if you succeed by luck or cheating or something else. And you gain knowledge and experience by hardworking and you can use it always and everywhere. Moreover, people who don’t work hard and become successful, later have some problems. One of my friends was working really hard to get a job that he wanted, I remember him suffering every day, practicing to pass a test to get that job. And there was another person who also really wanted the job, but he was too lazy to work hard and on the test he haphazardly by guessing chose the right answers, so at the end they both got the job. But after few days the person who didn’t work hard for the work got fired, because he didn’t work hard and didn’t have enough knowledge and experience for that job.


So, to summarize, I totally agree with the quotation above, in my opinion luck has nothing in common with success. If you want to be successful you should only work hard. People who always depend on their luck fail frequently and have problems later. When you work hard you become more confident about yourself, you learn new things, you gain knowledge, which I think is really important. And I think there is no chance that you work hard and don’t succeed. So only people who work hard succeed, others who have succeeded by luck have just a temporary success.

(written by Mariam Mirzoyan) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here :)