Thursday 15 January 2015

ESSAY TOPIC 11 : Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.



In my opinion it’s always easier and faster to eat food at restaurants or at food stands. I know many people who prefer that way and I used to be one of those people, too. But after some time I realized that for eating food the best place is home. I have some reasons why.

First of all, you feel comfortable in your own house, you sit however and wherever you want, which you can’t do at restaurants, because it’s not polite. And sometimes chairs in restaurants may be not comfortable. That’s what happened to me about couple of months ago. I was at a restaurant with my friends. We sat down, but the armchairs were so big and they were bouncing and we were wearing dresses and it was really uncomfortable to sit. I even lost my appetite. That would never happen to me at home, because our chairs are really comfortable and I can sit on them however I want.

Secondly, it’s really awkward to eat when someone is watching and at restaurants that happens a lot. Sometimes when people wait for their food to arrive they carelessly stare at other people eating their food. One day I was with a friend of mine in a restaurant. She was really hungry but was hesitating to eat. When I asked her about the reason, she said that a boy sitting next to us stared at her and it was really uncomfortable for her to eat when somebody was watching. But when you’re at home you eat with your parents, siblings and it’s okay if they stare at you.

Thirdly, when you’re at home cooking for yourself you know how you make the food or what you put in it. So while eating you don’t think about if anyone has touched your food with  dirty hands. But at the restaurants we don’t know how cooks make food. Who knows what can happen during cooking. You can’t be there and watch  them to cook for you and you can’t be hundred percent sure if the cook has washed his hands before cooking, or if there is no hair in your food. By the way, that’s the first thing I think about when I eat something in a restaurant- hair in my food. That started to scare me after one time I found a really long blond hair in my soup. This never happens to me at home.
Fourthly, while you’re eating at home you can turn on the TV and watch your favorite program. Though, I know that watching TV while eating is really bad, but I keep on doing that and lots of other people also do.  Or you can turn on some music and listen to it while eating, and I even sing while eating, it makes my food seem better.


To summarize, there are some people that prefer to eat at restaurant or food stands, because it’s faster and easier to get, you don’t need to cook, you just sit there and wait for you food to arrive. But for me, I think, the best place to eat is at home, where you can sit and eat however you want, there are no strangers staring at you while you eat and when you cook and eat at home you know how the food was being done. So for me eating food at home is better and more comfortable. 

(written by Mariam Mirzoyan) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here :)